There will not be:
- Building a rocket (he's too young)
- Fighting a mummy (though we might visit the one at the local museum)
- Climbing up the Eiffel Tower (it's too far away)
- Giving a monkey a shower (no zoo in town)
- Surfing tidal waves (we're pretty landlocked)
- Creating nanobots
- Locating Frankenstein's brain,
- Finding a dodo bird (unless there's one at a museum I can't remember), or
- Painting a continent
There probably will be:
- Discovering something that doesn't exist (probably pretty often), and plenty of
- Driving his sister insane.
- (Keanu Reaves voice): Reading. Lots and lots of reading.
It's also likely to include his first visit to a gaming convention (Gen Con, no less -- day trip for an exhibit hall-only pass), plenty of board games, seeing his friends from school, and maybe -- just maybe, if the potential obstacles all get worked out -- becoming the youngest official D&D Next playtester.
As for reading: in the space of less than a week, he's wiped out most of the original sequence of Erin Hunter's Warriors books. He'll be a second-grader reading at an almost-4th grade level. Suggestions welcome.